One of Hawaii's premier snorkeling destinations.
64' Custom SeaRunner/Cutter rigged sailing catamaran
Built: 2010, Schooner Creek Boat Works, Portland, OR
Sails: 1,950 sq/ft working sails
Specs: 64' x 32', Draft @ DWL 5'
Capacity: Normal working capacity 60 passengers
Crew: Captain, 1st Mate, 2nd Mate, Deckhand
Other Info: Twin 350 hp Yanmar turbo diesel full electronics, covered cabin, netting forward & aft, two heads, large galley, cushioned seating inside and outside.
Tour Times: 7:00am - 12:30 pm | 8:00 am - 1:30 pm
For many, to snorkel Molokini crater is a "must-do" on their Maui vacation, and what better way to experience the beauty of the Hawaiian waters than on a sailboat! We provide ample room on our spacious catamarans and visit two snorkeling locations- the crystal clear waters of Molokini* and the remarkable shallows of the Maui coast line that is home to many Hawaiian honu (sea turtle). Not only does this give our guests additional variety, but it’s our way of avoiding some of the crowds. We provide all snorkel equipment including instruction and wetsuit tops. We also offer the option to try the new exciting sport of SNUBA®! Finally, while it's tough to beat Mom's homemade cinnamon rolls or Capt. Coon's BBQ teriyaki chicken prepared by your captain for lunch, what really sets Trilogy apart is the personal attention each of our guests receive. Discover why we are rated Maui’s #1 sailing adventure and why our satisfied customers have been coming back for over 42 years!
*THERE ARE TIMES THAT THE WEATHER WILL MAKE SNORKELING AT MOLOKINI CRATER UNDESIRABLE AND DANGEROUS. ON THESE DAYS, WE WILL CHOOSE THE NEXT BEST LOCATION TO SNORKEL
Included with Tour
- Snorkeling equipment and personal instruction
- 2 snorkel sites for variety and to avoid the crowd
- Whale Watching December - April
- Free wetsuit tops for everyone on board
- Breakfast with Mom's homemade cinnamon rolls & fresh fruit
- Trilogy's famous teriyaki BBQ chicken lunch
- Personal attention to each one of our guests
- For guests ages 21 years and up, two adult premium beverages are included on the return sail! Bar Menu: Moloka‘i Mule, Lana‘i Tai, Maui Brew Co.’s seasonal beer, Longboard Lager, Chardonnay, & Rosé. (ID’s required to partake in Adult beverage service.)
* Trilogy tours to Molokini depart from Ma'alaea Harbor which makes it a brief and enjoyable trip to the crater area. Ma'alaea Harbor is an optimal launching site for boats going to Molokini. While some boats leave from Lahaina Harbor, if you launch from Ma'alaea you avoid having to take a long, rough ride back to Lahaina after your snorkel or SNUBA. Since tradewinds often come up in the afternoon, the seas are often rougher during this time when the boat is making its return voyage, and so the shorter trip to Ma'alaea is highly preferable.
** The optional SNUBA upgrade is for one dive site. Occasionally, depending on availability and weather conditions, we may offer a second SNUBA dive for an additional $40. If you are interested in this additional SNUBA dive, please ask your crew member if it is available. Find out more about SNUBA by reading our blog post
Duration: 7am-12:30pm | 8am - 1:30pm (5.5 hours)
Parking: For GPS please use the following address: 11 Ma'alaea Boad Harbor Road, Wailuku HI, 96793. 20 minutes prior to departure time, meet a Trilogy Crew Member in front of the restaurant, Buzz’s Wharf next to the harbor. You will be directed to a parking location and the slip #. Complimentary parking is available at Maui Ocean Center for the day or along Ma‘alaea Harbor.
Check-in: Go to slip # directed by the crew and our Captain will check you in 15 minutes prior to departure.
7:00 am or 8:00 am from Ma'alaea Harbor.
(Please make sure you know which tour you are scheduled for!)
Breakfast: Mom Coon's 4th generation recipe cinnamon rolls, fresh seasonal fruit, fresh brewed Kona coffee, tea, hot cocoa & pineapple juice.
Lunch: Teriyaki grilled chicken, fresh tossed green salad with Mom's secret dressing, luau rice and Hawaiian sweet rolls. This is a first class luncheon experience with meals served on dinner plates and silverware. Vegetarian lunch available, please request when booking your reservation. A wide assortment of non-alcoholic beverages are available throughout the day.
12:30 pm | 1:30 pm at Ma'alaea Harbor
Bring your swimsuits, towels, and sun protection along with a light jacket or sweatshirt for the early morning. This is a barefoot sail but if you prefer to wear shoes we recommend deck shoes or rubber-soled shoes.
Blue Aina reef cleanup program - Trilogy parters with Surfrider Foundation to clean-up reefs around Maui
Maintaining day use mooring - For all boats in Maui county (helps save the reefs)
Assisting Whale sanctuary & NOAA - Stranding network and whale entanglements
Eliminating overboard discharge - Trilogy is the first company in Hawaii to retrofit its boats to pump all waste onshore
Our Trilogy family takes seriously the responsibility of supporting our local Maui community and has a strong commitment to preserving our ocean and island environment. Learn more about Trilogy's involvement with the Community & Environment.
"“Great snorkel and sail!!!!” We had the best snorkel and sail on Trilogy V... The captain and the crew were fantastic!!!!! I cannot say enough about how wonderful the service was." - casey1179